Beckman Coulter Multisizer™ 4$ Please call for current pricing & availability
The Beckman Multisizer™ 4 is one of the most versatile and accurate particle sizing and particle counter analyzers on the marketing today.
Beckman Multisizer™ 4 – Electrical Sensing Zone
The Beckman Multisizer™ 4 uses the coulter principle or electrical sensing zone (ESZ). This method allows the Beckman Multisizer™ 4 to return distributions in number, volume and surface area in a single measurement.
The overall sizing range of the Beckman Multisizer™ 4 is 0.4 µm to 1600 µm. The response is not affected by particle shape composition, refractive index or color.
Beckman Multisizer™ 4 – Electrical Sensing Zone
Coulter principle is the leading technology in high resolution and accuracy. The Beckman Coulter Multisizer™ 4 enhances this even further by using the Digital Pulse Processor or DDP. DDP produces ultra-high resolution, multi channel analysis and accuracy that is otherwise unattainable by similar technologies. These features make the Beckman Multisizer™ 4 ideal for any research project involving sizing and or counting.
The Multisizer™ 4 is also an equally powerful tool for quality control. Analysts now have an easy to use system that is so advanced, it can solve most particle sizing problems. The Beckman Multisizer™ 4 is the latest coulter counter that is designed with Smart and DDP technologies offering highly reliable and accurate particle counting and sizing.
The Beckman Coulter Multisizer™ 4 retains the enhanced analog circuits developed and refined by Beckman Coulter over many years. It was the Beckman Coulter Multisizer™ 3, which first introduced DPP to particle counting.
Beckman Multisizer™ 4 – The Digital Principle Coulter incorporates the latest advances in both analog and digital circuits. High speed digitization of signals enable the use of multiple parameters for more accurate particle characterization. Dynamic size measurement is now a reality in the Beckman Multisizer™ 4. Measurements for each particle are analyzed and stored; the stored data can then be analyzed and formatted in a number of ways. The stored data may also be re-analyzed at a later date. With the Beckman Coulter Multisizer™ 4 there is no need to analyze the same particle twice.Proven Technology
- More than half a century of experience counting and sizing particles and cells
- More than 6,000 documented references using the Coulter Principle and nine approved ASTM methods
- Technology defined by the International Standard ISO 13319 Accurate sizing, counting and high resolution technology preferred by the industry for particle counting and size distribution
- It provides size, based on direct measurement of a real parameter of a particle - its volume. Color or refractive index does not affect results
- Capable of counting and sizing particles at concentration levels not detected by other technologies
- Dynamic size measurement. Pulse time stamp allows size change measurement in real time
- Ease-of-use. Instrument operation is completely controlled from the computer. Intuitive software with wizards are ideal for beginners, while simple menus assist experienced operators
- Volumetric metering pump is compatible with both aqueous and organic fluids
- Extended dynamic range
- Environmentally friendly, mercury-free metering system
- Improved performance in dusty environments
- Sample management system using Smart Technology provides a great level of consistency for running the analyses
- EZAccess fluid management system
- Electronic aperture blockage detection
- Automatic start-up user-selectable routine
- User-defined Standard Operation Procedure
- Multiple security levels
- Software enables 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Powerful and flexible software allows the processing and presentation of data to fit all needs, including industrial applications, biological applications, academic applications, research and quality control
- Automated calibration and calibration verification ensures reliable results for both size and counts
- V-Check validation package offers a comprehensive solution for today's quality assurance requirements
- Certification program to ensure instrument performance
Beckman Coulter Multisizer 4 Particle Counter Specifications
Specifications for the Beckman Coulter Multicounter 4 Humidity: 10% to 80% without condensation Particle Size Analysis Range: 0.4 µm to 1600 µm in diameter.
0.033 fL to 2.145 x 109 fL or µm3 in volume
Number of Channels: Pulse data is digitized and can be processed to achieve up to 400 size channels for a selected pulse range. Number of channels and range can be reprocessed as necessary. Aperture Tube Analysis Range: Total range: 2% to 80% of aperture diameter.
Standard Range: 2% to 60% of aperture diameter.
Extended Range: 60% to 80% of aperture diameter.
Dynamic Range of Aperture: Standard 1:30 (by diameter) Total 1:40 (by diameter)
Standard 1:27,000 (by volume) Total 1:64,000 (by volume)
Linearity: ± 1% for diameter
± 3% for volume
Metering System: Mercury-free, wide range metering pump Power Requirements: Less than 55 volt-amps (watts) Regulatory Compliance: The software enables 21 CFR Part 11 compliance Resolution: User selectable Volumetric Pump Accuracy: Better than 99.5% Operating Altitude: Up to 2000 m (6560 ft) Operating Temperature: 5°C to 40°C Aperture Current Accuracy: ± 0.4% of setting Aperture Current Range: 30 µA - 6000 µA in 0.2 µA steps Aperture Diameter: 20 µm to 2000 µm apertures
Digital Pulse Processor: Proprietary high-speed digitalization of the signal. Dimensions and Weight (excluding computer): Unpacked weight: 45 kg (99 lb)
Width: 64 cm (25 in)
Depth: 61 cm (24 in)
Height: 51 cm (20 in)
Input voltage within set ranges: 100 - 120 VAC; 230 - 240 VAC Â± 10%; single phase
Electrolyte Solutions: All aqueous and non-aqueous electrolyte solutions recommended for use with aperture technology will be suitable for use with the Multisizer™ 4. Electrolytes should be compatible with glass, fluoropolymers, fluoroelastomers and stainless steel. Environmental Conditions: a) This instrument is safe for indoor use only.
b) Installation category: 11.
c) Pollution degree: 1.
Fuse Types: 250 V, IEC (5x20 mm), Time delay (TD), 2.0 A Modal Count Mode: 10 to 100,000 counts Polarity Error: Less than 0.5% Pulse Data: Time stamped pulses up to 525,000 per single analysis. Pulse Distribution Data: Pulse distribution by time, sequence and width for pulse height diameter, pulse height volume, pulse height volt, pulse width, pulse area, average pulse height diameter, average pulse height volume and average pulse width. Number distribution by width. Size Distribution Data: Size distribution by diameter, volume and area for number, number%, number/ml, volume, volume%, volume/ml, surface area, surface area% and surface area/ml. Supply Frequency: 47 to 63 Hz inclusive Time Mode: 0.1 to 999 seconds, selectable in 10 ms increments. Typically, time analysis is 10 to 90 seconds. Total Count Mode: 50 to 500,000 counts Volumetric Mode: Continuously selectable from 50 µL to 2000 µL
We also carry instruments parts for the following other instruments categories.
- Amino Acid Analysis Parts
- Atomic Absorbtion Parts
- Autoclave Sterilizer Parts
- Balances Scale Parts
- Biochromatography Parts
- Biological Safety Cabinet Parts
- Biological Safety Cab Parts
- Blood Gas Anal-Coox Parts
- Blood Gas Parts
- Capillary Electrophoresis Parts
- Cell Processor Parts
- Centrifuge Consumables
- Centrifuge Parts
- Chart Recorder Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Auto Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Parts
- Chiller Heater ReCirculator Parts
- Coagulation Analyzer Parts
- Computer Peripheral Parts
- Concentrator Parts
- Consumable Lab Supplies Parts
- Cooximeter Parts
- Counter Colony Parts
- Cryo Storage Parts
- Densitometer Parts
- Dessicator Parts
- Digester Parts
- Diluter Parts
- Dissolution System Parts
- DNA Sequencer Parts
- DNA Synthesizer Parts
- Electrolyte Analyzer Parts
- Electrophoresis Parts
- Evaporator-Rotovap Parts
- Fermenter Bioreactor Parts
- Filter Testing Parts
- Flame-ISE Parts
- Flow Cytometer Parts
- Fraction Collector Parts
- Freeze Dryer Parts
- Freezer Parts
- Fume Hood Parts
- Gamma Counter Parts
- Gas Chromatograph Consumables
- Gas Chromatograph Parts
- Glove Box Parts
- Glucose Analyzer Parts
- Hematology Analyzer Parts
- Histology Consumables
- Histology Parts
- Homogenizer Parts
- HPLC Parts
- Immunoassay Parts
- Immunology Analyzer Parts
- Incubator Parts
- Integrator Parts
- Mercury Analyzer Parts
- Microbiology System Parts
- Microplate Reader Parts
- Microplate Washer Parts
- Microscope Parts
- Microscopes Parts
- Mill & Grinder Parts
- Mills and Grinder Parts
- Moisture Analysis Parts
- Molecular Imager Parts
- Osmometer Parts
- Oven Parts
- Particle & Cell Counters Parts
- Particle and Cell Counter Parts
- Parts Miscellaneous Parts
- pH Parts
- Pipetting Parts
- Production Factory Parts
- Protein Characterization Parts
- Protein Sequencer Parts
- Pump Parts
- Pumps Parts
- Reagent Parts
- Refractometer Parts
- Refrigerator Parts
- Robotic Liq Handler Parts
- Scintillation Consumables
- Scintillation Counter Parts
- Sonicator Homogenizer Parts
- Spectrophotometer Parts
- Speed Vac System Parts
- Stirrer Mixer Shaker Parts
- Test and Measurement Parts
- Thermal Analysis Parts
- Thermal Cycler Parts
- Thermal Cycler PCR Parts
- Trace Metal Anayzer Parts
- Urinalysis Parts
- Viscometry Parts
- Water Bath Parts
- Water Purification Parts
WHY BUY FROM GMI?
Your trusted source for new, factory clearance & certified pre-owned lab instruments since 1995.
GMI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company - proof that your instruments pass through a rigorous re-certification process to ensure that it arrives at your laboratory defect-free and in full working order.We are neither an auction company nor an instrumentation broker. GMI employs our own factory-trained engineers to ensure full control of this process.Unlike small-time businesses and brokers, GMI goes beyond offering money-back promises. We offer real product warranties.Apart from our meticulous inspection processes, GMI’s available warranties and multi-year service agreements guarantee customer satisfaction - no need to go through frustrating and time-consuming product returns!Additionally, all items are thoroughly cleaned and professionally packaged/crated with care to insure they arrive in your lab ready for use.
We routinely save discerning laboratories 30-80% with our recertified pre-owned and factory clearance instrument offerings.
Quality? ISO 9001:2008 certified means we remove 100% of the risk in buying ‘used’ laboratory equipment.
Warranties from 90 days to a year as well as multi-year service agreements are available.