Login to MyGMI
Norlake Scientific Freezers are designed to meet the demanding requirements for scientific and laboratory research. Advanced engineered design incorporates the latest in cabinet, refrigeration, temperature control and monitoring features. Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers provide energy efficient, convenient, safe and reliable performance for optimal storage temperature environments necessary for a wide range of life science, pharmacy, biological, medical, clinical, and industrial applications.
Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers
Norlake ULT Freezers are ideally suited for many storage applications including antibiotics, autopsy material, ablood body fluids, cells, chemicals, chemistry materials, conditioning, cultures, DNA/RNA, drugs, electronics, environmental samples, enzymes, epoxy, fungi, glycerin stocks, insect artifacts, plant samples, plasma, proteins, reagents, serum, tissues, urine, vaccines, virus, yeast and many others!
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezer use CFC free polyurethane cabinet and door foam insulation.
- High-impact, smooth scratch and corrosion resistant painted exterior and smooth white painted interior, provides attractive appearance and easy to clean surfaces.
- Interior and exterior of the freezer cabinet are white painted galvanized steel.
- Combination cabinet mounted multi-bulb and door perimeter gaskets provide multiple points of door sealing. Ensures reliable frost resistant performance and enhances energy efficient cold performance for long term sample security and storage.
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ ULT Upright Freezers interior doors feature independent hinged steel inner doors are constructed of insulating material with magnetic catch and easy pull handles. Reduces cold loss during door openings and sample retrieval.
- Five internal storage compartments with four heavy duty reinforced stainless steel shelves. Shelves are adjustable in 1 inch increments. Compatible with optional stainless steel storage racks, fiberboard boxes and dividers for multiple storage needs.
- Multi-feed patent pending cold wall evaporator design provides superior refrigerant flow and maximizes cooling power by ensuring that the evaporator is always 100% in contact with the freezer wall, maximizing cold transfer into the freezer and heat removal from the chamber.
- Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers use easy open integrated outer door latch and handle allows one-handed opening and closing.
- Door latch and handle key lock for added security and protected access to freezer contents.
- Three adjustable heavy-duty door hinges ensure outer door fit and positive seal.
- Exclusive chamber vacuum relief system allows convenient and fast re-entry to cabinet upon outer door closing.
- Door activated electro-magnetic switch for use with door ajar alarm, optional CO2/LN2 backup systems and vacuum relief system.
- 1 inch diameter sensor access ports (2), located in top and bottom of back wall of cabinet for use with monitoring sensor probes.
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ ULT Upright Freezers have heavy duty swivel locking casters and two front adjustable leveling feet allow for easy mobility of freezer and stability upon final placement of freezer.
- Low profile external cabinet height.
SELECT™ CONTROL SYSTEM
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers utilizes advanced PLC (programmable logic) microprocessor controller (door mounted eye level display and interface) includes real time clock, event logging alarm history, advanced alarms, alarm-test, and memory functions.
- Password protection (2 levels, setpoints and parameters) security for power, temperature and alarm settings.
- Key pad, multifunction, menu driven, LCD display for trouble free access on monitoring of all control features.
- Temperature adjustable in 0.1°C increments. Temperature display to 0.1°C increments.
- Control probe located in rear wall bottom left corner for optimal and accurate temperature measurement and control.
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ ULT Upright Freezers features a power on/off switch located in protected area on back of cabinet.
- Power failure alarm (audible and visual). Time selectable.
- Door ajar indicator (audible and visual).
- Remote alarm contact connections located on back of cabinet for easy installation and access.
- Compressor protection monitors compressor performance and automatically adjusts to internal and external conditions.
- Delayed startup (programmable) delays freezer restart after power interruption.
- Surge protection minimizes voltages spikes; protects system electronics.
- The Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers uses an exclusive (patent pending) voltage boost/buck system ensures proper operating voltage to operating system. Reduces incoming line voltage if too high and boosts line voltage if too low.
- Audible and visual Hi/Lo temperature alarms are user settable via controller keypad.
- On-board system and maintenance diagnostics continuously monitors system sensors to ensure optimal freezer performance.
- Ambient temperature monitor and alarm indicate room temperature conditions.
- 24-hour back-up microprocessor battery continuously recharged with low battery indicator.
- 2-10 VDC cabinet air temperature transmitter.
- Dry erase board and pocket storage organizer for user comments, notes and documents storage. Dry eraser and markers included.
SELECT™ REFRIGERATION SYSTEM
- Nor-Lake Scientific’s Select™ Refrigeration system is powered by an advanced low noise high performance cascade refrigeration system using two next generation 1 HP hermeticallysealed compressors.
- Exclusive engineered super capacity (tri-tube) capillary tube system (patent pending) delivers refrigerant on demand matching with advanced heat exchanger design providing optimal heat removal and superior low temperature performance.
- Evaporator design enhances refrigerant flow increasing the overall efficiency, temperature uniformity and recovery performance.
- Air cooled condenser, high capacity with large surface area. Washable condenser filter maintains optimal efficiency and performance.
- Clean filter indicator advises when to remove and clean. Easy service and maintenance.
- CFC-Free, commercially available refrigerants are used: R404a in first stage; R508b in second stage.
Nor-Lake® Scientific -86°C Select™ Ultra-Low Upright Freezers Specifications
Freezer Dimensions Models NSSUF151 NSSUF191 NSSUF241 NSSUF281 Crate Weight (lbs) (kg) 665 (297) 685 (316) 715 (325) 745 (338) Crate Height (lbs) (kg) 83 (211) 83 (211) 83 (211) 5 (211) Crate Width (lbs) (kg) 39.4 (100) 39.4 (100) 45.2 (115) 51 (130) Crate Depth (lbs) (kg) 43 (109) 43 (109) 43 (109) 43 (109) Interior Height (lbs) (kg) 53 (134) 53 (134) 53 (134) 53 (134) Interior Width(lbs) (kg) 19.4 (49.3) 25.2 (64) 31.1 (78) 36.8 (93) Interior Depth (lbs) (kg) 24.3 (61) 24.3 (61) 24.3 (61) 24.3 (61) Overall Height (lbs) (kg) 77.8 (197) 77.8 (197) 77.8 (197) 77.8 (197) Overall Width (lbs) (kg) 30.8 (78.2) 36.5 (92) 42.3 (107) 48.2 (122) Overall Depth (lbs) (kg) 36.1 (91) 36.1 (91) 36.1 (91) 36.1 (91) Capacity (CuFt) (L) 14.3 (405) 18.9 (539) 23.2 (659) 27.5 (781) Exterior dimensions include allowances for hinges door handle and control panel Rack & Box Capacities for 2" Fiberboard Boxes Internal Chamber (CuFt) (L) 14.3 (405) 18.9 (539) 23.2 (659) 27.5 (781) Number of Outer Doors 1 1 1 1 Number of Inner Doors 5 5 5 5 # of Shelves/ Compartments 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 Total Qty. Racks w/ 2" Boxes 15 20 25 30 Qty of 2" Boxes per Rack 16 16 16 16 Total Qty. Racks w/ 2" Boxes per Cabinet 240 320 400 480 Rack & Box Capacities for 3" Fiberboard Boxes Internal Chamber (CuFt) (L) 14.3 (405) 18.9 (539) 23.2 (659) 27.5 (781) Number of Outer Doors 1 1 1 1 Number of Inner Doors 5 5 5 5 # of Shelves/ Compartments 4/5 4/5 4/5 4/5 Total Qty. Racks w/ 2" Boxes 15 20 25 30 Qty of 2" Boxes per Rack 12 12 12 12 Total Qty. Racks w/ 2" Boxes per Cabinet 180 240 300 360
We also carry instruments parts for the following other instruments categories.
- Amino Acid Analysis Parts
- Atomic Absorbtion Parts
- Autoclave Sterilizer Parts
- Balances Scale Parts
- Biochromatography Parts
- Biological Safety Cabinet Parts
- Biological Safety Cab Parts
- Blood Gas Anal-Coox Parts
- Blood Gas Parts
- Capillary Electrophoresis Parts
- Cell Processor Parts
- Centrifuge Consumables
- Centrifuge Parts
- Chart Recorder Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Auto Parts
- Chemistry Analyzer Parts
- Chiller Heater ReCirculator Parts
- Coagulation Analyzer Parts
- Computer Peripheral Parts
- Concentrator Parts
- Consumable Lab Supplies Parts
- Cooximeter Parts
- Counter Colony Parts
- Cryo Storage Parts
- Densitometer Parts
- Dessicator Parts
- Digester Parts
- Diluter Parts
- Dissolution System Parts
- DNA Sequencer Parts
- DNA Synthesizer Parts
- Electrolyte Analyzer Parts
- Electrophoresis Parts
- Evaporator-Rotovap Parts
- Fermenter Bioreactor Parts
- Filter Testing Parts
- Flame-ISE Parts
- Flow Cytometer Parts
- Fraction Collector Parts
- Freeze Dryer Parts
- Freezer Parts
- Fume Hood Parts
- Gamma Counter Parts
- Gas Chromatograph Consumables
- Gas Chromatograph Parts
- Glove Box Parts
- Glucose Analyzer Parts
- Hematology Analyzer Parts
- Histology Consumables
- Histology Parts
- Homogenizer Parts
- HPLC Parts
- Immunoassay Parts
- Immunology Analyzer Parts
- Incubator Parts
- Integrator Parts
- Mercury Analyzer Parts
- Microbiology System Parts
- Microplate Reader Parts
- Microplate Washer Parts
- Microscope Parts
- Microscopes Parts
- Mill & Grinder Parts
- Mills and Grinder Parts
- Moisture Analysis Parts
- Molecular Imager Parts
- Osmometer Parts
- Oven Parts
- Particle & Cell Counters Parts
- Particle and Cell Counter Parts
- Parts Miscellaneous Parts
- pH Parts
- Pipetting Parts
- Production Factory Parts
- Protein Characterization Parts
- Protein Sequencer Parts
- Pump Parts
- Pumps Parts
- Reagent Parts
- Refractometer Parts
- Refrigerator Parts
- Robotic Liq Handler Parts
- Scintillation Consumables
- Scintillation Counter Parts
- Sonicator Homogenizer Parts
- Spectrophotometer Parts
- Speed Vac System Parts
- Stirrer Mixer Shaker Parts
- Test and Measurement Parts
- Thermal Analysis Parts
- Thermal Cycler Parts
- Thermal Cycler PCR Parts
- Trace Metal Anayzer Parts
- Urinalysis Parts
- Viscometry Parts
- Water Bath Parts
- Water Purification Parts
WHY BUY FROM GMI?
Your trusted source for new, factory clearance & certified pre-owned lab instruments since 1995.
GMI is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company - proof that your instruments pass through a rigorous re-certification process to ensure that it arrives at your laboratory defect-free and in full working order.We are neither an auction company nor an instrumentation broker. GMI employs our own factory-trained engineers to ensure full control of this process.Unlike small-time businesses and brokers, GMI goes beyond offering money-back promises. We offer real product warranties.Apart from our meticulous inspection processes, GMI’s available warranties and multi-year service agreements guarantee customer satisfaction - no need to go through frustrating and time-consuming product returns!Additionally, all items are thoroughly cleaned and professionally packaged/crated with care to insure they arrive in your lab ready for use.
We routinely save discerning laboratories 30-80% with our recertified pre-owned and factory clearance instrument offerings.
Quality? ISO 9001:2008 certified means we remove 100% of the risk in buying ‘used’ laboratory equipment.
Warranties from 90 days to a year as well as multi-year service agreements are available.